Last weekend, whilst procrastinating finishing my mom’s coat, I was kinda on a roll. I made the stripey almost-Jasper, and then moved on to some really quick projects.
A dress for Fyon’s birthday (who is eleven now, somehow), much less impressive but more practical, hopefully, than her present last year. I used Jalie 3349, a ballet leotard pattern, and morphed it into a tent-dress type shape starting about 2″ below the armpit. The only problem is that I decided to do just a half-lining in the upper body, to make the thin fabric a bit more opaque, and it doesn’t always lie flat. Maybe I should’ve done a full lining, but I thought the outer fabric would get caught up on it.
I have no pictures, but I made my husband a pair of knit comfy pants from an old Kwik Sew sweatsuit pattern (2463) I’ve used before for him. This was partly because he needed them, and partly to justify the fabric purchase, which was this incredibly soft mystery knit—I thought it was a rayon but it doesn’t go all cottony in the wash so I guess it’s just a really nice poly—I picked up recently for a price that worked out to $2.50/m. At that price, the ones I made him are still cheaper than the Walmart pair they’re replacing. Which doesn’t change the fact that I didn’t need more fabric.
Which brings us to the other thing I made for myself, another McCall’s 7622. Again to justify a recent fabric purchase. This one is heavier and feels almost woolly, although it doesn’t smell sheepy under steaming so I’m guessing not real wool. It’s pleasantly sweater-y, though.
Not that you can see anything much of it in the photos. Darned black.
Oh, look, there is a photo of my husband in his comfy Kwik Sew pants, because he accidentally wandered through my photos a couple of times.
And that’s about that. I did finish my mom’s coat, by the way. I will blog that soon, though I may not be able to get good photos for a while.