The sewing room is finally mostly set up. A lot more organization would be good, though. At work I'm highly organized. I'm not sure why I have such difficulty applying the same principles to my daily life.
I made the socks above using the Dreamstress's Rosalie stockings pattern, back around Christmas. I had impulsively grabbed a remnant of cotton spandex jersey in this mustard colour, which is fun but well outside my usual colours.
At the same time, I cut out a pair of Watson bikini bottoms. Then, somehow, in the five feet from my kitchen to the sewing machine, I lost the crotch pieces. (Pattern piece still attached, FYI)
Expecting them to turn up, I set the other pieces aside. And waited. And waited.
Eventually I resigned myself to reprinting the errant pattern piece. Thank goodness for PDF patterns. But by then I had mislaid the fabric. And never the twain did meet… until last night, while organizing, I realized I had both.
Well, after sewing up the underwear in short order, I felt I should do something with the scant remaining remnant. Some experimentation revealed that yes, I could just barely get a version of Gertie's Butterick B6031 cami out of it. This is by far my favourite loungewear pattern, so I set to. I wasn't going to use lace, so I skipped the lace panel on the front, but even the longer version of the cami is pretty short so I wound up adding lace (as you are supposed to) to the hem. And now I think I miss the definition the lace at the underbust gives it. Oh well.
Mustard really isn't the best colour on me, but it's still a cute sleep set. (And I'm on vacation, which has really driven home how impoverished my casual wardrobe has become. ) And now that piece of fabric, at least, is totally gone.
I do need to get another machine set up, though. Switching between yellow and black thread all the time got VERY annoying.