What an honour, to be present at the birth of a meme. Or, y’know, not.
The Beangirl, in her infinite wisdom, saw fit to make me one of the first victims, I mean recipients, of her brand-spanking-new blog award, the humbly titled “I Am All That” award. I think I’m running a bit low on the trivia, but fortunately, Beangirl also supplied five handy questions:
1) What size shoe do you wear? If you wear a size 7, can I borrow your shoes?
2) 30’s or 60’s?
3) Have you ever kissed someone you shouldn’t have?
4) Have you ever been poisoned? Was it by the girlfriend of the person you kissed?? That isawesomely “Knot’s Landing”.
5) Who’s on your “Celebrity Free Pass” list (top 5)?
She also claimed you should pass it on to six people, and link back to the person who gave it to you.
So beginning with answers…
- 7.5, shading to 8… but if I fail to break in the size 7 biker/cowboy boots I got last month, you can have them. Well, no you can’t, they were freakin’ expensive… sorry.
- 60s, I guess (is she talking about decades? Why would anyone choose 30s? My grandma’s main recollection of the 30s is that they were proud they always had something on their bread for lunch at school (even if it was just lard), unlike many kids who just got bread for lunch—if that.) Also women’s lib, civil rights, and birth control are just a few of my favourite things that were around in the 60s but generally lacking in the 30s.
- Yes. Most recently my husband.
- No. Although the fallout can definitely be “interesting”… (what the heck is Knot’s Landing?)
- Hmm, technically I’m morally opposed to entertaining crushes on people I’ve never met and don’t actually know. That being said, I’ve had a real soft spot for Adrienne Brodie since King Kong, that has lasted right through Predators. Hayden Christensen was pretty adorable in some of his earlier work, too (albeit in an “aww, I want to drag him home and lock him in my basement” kinda way) but I haven’t quite forgiven him for Annakin yet. I’ll throw Hugh Laurie in there, too. Hmm, and I’ll round it out with Michelle Rodriguez, because she just rocks my world, even if her character almost always ends up getting killed.
Now for the hard part, choosing five recipients. This sucks the most because I hate leaving people out. But, randomly and without thinking too hard about it, I nominate:
- Sherry of Pattern, Scissors, Cloth
- Kristin of Quiet and Small Adventures
- Don of Urbandon
- Patty the Snug Bug
- Ali of the Wardrobe, Reimagined
And if any of the rest of you want to play please do, because I would be glad to pick all of you! (Also, this is a brand-new meme, so almost nobody’s got it yet! Of course then there’s that wrenching “what if nobody plays?” dread…)
As to the photo at the top, I had to dig it out merely because Patty was talking up that 90s staple, the babydoll dress, and, well, memories came welling to the surface. That particular photo is from about 1996, but I hung on to that dress until well after Tyo was born. /sigh. As to why I look so solemn, well, if I’d smiled you would’ve seen my braces ;).
(Incidentally, I was modelling hair for my hair stylist to enter in some provincial competition. We did not win.)