I just ordered Jalie 2908 (women’s stretch jeans) pattern. What on EARTH am I thinking? Even if I had time to mess around with these, they’re probably WAY beyond my skill set. But… damn it would be nice to make my own jeans.
- the pattern has REALLY good reviews
- it doesn’t use much fabric (less than 1.5 m, and if I did capris for practice runs it would take even less)
- I am really picky about my jeans fit… I have a hard time with ready to wear (and I end up paying A LOT) so being able to make my own (and have them fit… the big if) would be really awesome.
- I could make them LONG enough!
- pattern includes kids sizes too so I could make pants for the kids
- I could finally make the stove-pipe legs I love so much (not skinnies, not boot cut… straight up and down below the knee)
- I might actually be able to fit into the largest kids’ size (that’s not actually a plus, except to my ego)
- most of those reviews also mention how much work the pattern was
- I am not sure if my fitting skills are quite up to the challenge
- I think my usual low-rise preference is even lower than the pattern’s “low rise” version.
- I don’t have any stretch denim; I have never sewn stretch denim; I have no money for the foreseeable future to buy stretch denim.
- nor do I have the time, really, to be messing around with major sewing.
- they’ll require a lot of hardware I don’t possess (rivets, jeans buttons, zippers etc.)
I am nuts.